[Magdalen] registered sex offenders in church

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sun Dec 6 04:28:52 UTC 2015

Several reasons, I think:  first, active pedophiles are associated with child porn; and second, churches have unfortunately proved to be rich hunting grounds for pedophiles.  Sexual abuse is terribly damaging for children, and when it's mixed up with spirituality, the results can be lethal.  The abuse of trust is critical.  Two of John Gallienne's victims killed themselves.

I honestly think that churches do need to know what they're doing when they include pedophiles -- and I do believe that pedophiles should be included, albeit with adequate protections and support.

It doesn't surprise me that the Harper government cut support for the Circles program.  Stupidity and vindictiveness were among their leading characteristics.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain