[Magdalen] registered sex offenders in church

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:20:08 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 8:14 AM, James Handsfield <jhandsfield at att.net> wrote:
> In the Diocese of Atlanta, one is required to have child protection training before being allowed to have any kind of contact with children other than the casual contact during services or coffee hour.  The diocese also will have background checks done if there’s any question.  There are several apps that monitor sexual offenders as well, and such people would not be allowed to have close contact with children.

Same here, and when we've had children among the acolytes, we've made
sure that when they're in the sacristy they're never alone with just
one adult. Doors open, too.

Someone got the idea to make all the doors half-doors so they can be
half-open, but I've never figured out how that helps, and we don't use
them that way. Doors stay open...anyone needing to change clothes in
private (although vestments are typically over, not instead of, street
clothes) can use a stall in the appropriate rest room to do so.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA