[Magdalen] right to bear arms

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Dec 12 17:01:44 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/12/2015 10:55:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jhandsfield at att.net writes:

,  Jefferson included language about the abolition of slavery.  South
Carolina refused to sign if that language remained in, so Jefferson, saying
that independence was more important than slavery, removed the language.

It's interesting to speculate what would have happened if the South
had been allowed to go its separate way/won the USA Civil War.

In the end, I suspect we'd have had a dramatic reconciliation event
like that in the Methodist Church USA in 1939 when the Methodist-
Episcopal Church, the Methodist-Episcopal Church-South, and the
Methodist Protestant Church reunited.  My Aunt Lulu was a  delegate
(ME Church) to that Convention, and spoke of it as the most memorable
moment of her long (89) year life.

David Strang.