[Magdalen] right to bear arms

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Dec 12 21:36:50 UTC 2015

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>It's interesting to speculate what would have happened if the South
>had been allowed to go its separate way/won the USA Civil War.

Remember McKinlay Kantor's long article in Look Magazine, "If the South had won
the Civil War" ??

It was republished as a book, and has recently been reprinted. An interesting
read that I highly recommend to anyone speculating on the subject.

>In the end, I suspect we'd have had a dramatic reconciliation event

I wonder if a 20th century reconciliation would have had the effect of ejecting
most of the people of color out of the Episcopal Church, like the actual one did
in the 19th Century?

Cheers,
Jim