[Magdalen] right to bear arms

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:33:38 UTC 2015

It is interesting to watch the North East/ New England area discover this
heritage. A prominent Episcopalian family (in CT I believe) filmed their
family slave-owning history into a documentary and a decommissioned church
in that dio has become a historic museum to the New England slave trade. In
hearing more about this (it was high profile at a diocesan convention I
attended as a vendor the year the documentary was released, and then played
at several other dio conventions where I was also present) it also became
clear that the origin of the abolitionist movement started 'up north', not
as I had been taught and supposed/assumed because the 'northerners' wanted
to correct this  depravity in their southern neighbors but because they had
abandoned it and wanted it done elsewhere as well.  A lesson in how history
can become like a game of 'Telephone' if we're not careful.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr