[Magdalen] Fwd: Presiding Bishop Michael Curry issues letter to the staff

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 13 19:20:56 UTC 2015

On 13/12/2015 02:41, Georgia DuBose wrote:
> Agreeing. +Curry has had one HELL of a starting month. Only the confidence
> that his faith is strong is encouraging at this moment. It is sad.
>
> We do need to resist judgment. Reading blogs, +Sauls (I don't know the
> other people) has always been a polarizing figure--big fans, big non-fans.
> It behooves the church to find someone with a calm, self-differentiated
> presence who can resist both the plaudits and the negativity.

I would agree.  The Chiel Operating Officer needs to be a fauthful
servant who keeps the wheels turning while their own personality is
unseen.  If that obtrudes then they should not be in that post as their
job is to support the person in charge, in this case ++Michael Curry. If
they are not prepared to do that then the only honourable option is to
resign.

Roger