[Magdalen] Crazy weather!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 02:33:57 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/13/2015 9:04:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

Even up  here in the North country there's no snow on the ground and temps
have  been reliably above freezing every day - even at night. It's been in
the  50's the last few days. We've only had dustings of snow so far -
nothing
to stay around for more than a day. Went hiking on Friday out back without
jacket, even. White Christmases are almost a sure thing here, but things
will need to change for that to  happen.>>>>>>

65 F today, a record for most sites in NE Pennsylvania USA.

I'm worried about the thousands of daffodils planted in my garden  area.
They're starting to push up.  OTOH, the ground is not frozen, of  course,
and some late season planting has been easy.  Everyone is wandering
about in a state of shock.

We usually do NOT have snow for Christmas, and it will have to change
a lot for that to happen this year.  Most of the winter precipitation  is
rain, and there is lots of it.  On the occasion of colder air in place  and
one of these wet winter lows, we get buried.  For example, I've  never
experienced 36" of snow in, say, February or March in the Upper  Midwest
of MN and WI, but I have here in PA.

David Strang.