[Magdalen] Very timely prayer request.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 04:46:56 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/16/2015 10:28:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

The  short version is, I have a skin infection on my right shin, not
necessarily  caused by but part of the overall picture of acute cellulitis, leg
edema, and  totally separate yet related chronically bad  circulation. >>>>>

We could be twins.  You may remember that my chronically  edematous
lower legs blew up in 2013, and I was hospitalized with extensive  draining
ulcers of both lower legs.  The pain in the feet, especially, was
substantial,
and not helped by all the moving about for testing, x-rays, etc.

The diagnosis was stasis edema, dermatitis, and ulcerations with  extensive
secondary infection (MRSA and Proteus mirabilis, the latter producing  an
unpleasant odor to the affected areas).

My arms looked like slabs of liver with all the IV antibiotic lines
inserted.
If I had it to do over, I would certainly have asked for a surgical  venous
line.  There's a little discomfort putting them in, but well worth  it.

Early on, my legs looked so bad that not one, but two surgeons stood
solemnly before me and declared that the very best course of action  was
amputation of both lower extremities.  Despite this advice, which I  think
was
based on their assumption that I am diabetic (I am not), I opted for  the
conservative approach.  With elevation of the legs, and the clearing  of the
chronic infection, both my feet and lower legs look good, if a bit
discolored
(browhish).  In any case don't get suckered into surgery you later  regret.

Prayers don't hurt, either.

David Strang.