[Magdalen] Parish in crisis, was Re: Some Christmas music

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 23:22:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know it isn't in the natural order of things for an introvert to be a
> ringleader, Scott, but they make exceedingly fine grey eminences, so you
> might need to consider becoming one. In any case, your bishop needs to be
> aware of the facts, not the opinions of the troublemakers, and he (I assume
> it's a he) needs to be getting in there and kicking azz and taking names at
> some point. This cannot be allowed to go on.

I know a bunch of us have written to him (+Jeffrey Lee) and expressed
our view of the situation, asked what if anything we can do about the
junior warden, asked him to come and help us, etc. I haven't had an
answer, but he did write back to another parishioner assuring him he's
working with our vestry on next steps. Our current caretaker priest
(one of the apparent candidates for priest-in-charge, which I believe
would be a six-month role until a longer-term P-I-C is named) met with
the bishop and would say only that their meeting was "amicable." I
think that was part of the discernment process whether to choose him
or Bp. Jelinek. At this point I think either of those two could kick
butt. They'll need to or be eaten alive like the past two.

So I think he's aware of the particulars but still needs to show up to
the parish.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA