[Magdalen] The Force Awakens

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 20:25:44 UTC 2015

What I like about Star Trek is the way the whole thing has been
thought through in such detail, which of course is easier when you've
got an episode every week and several series to do it in. You've got
to simply accept a few things (gravity generator, universal
translator), and the rest is carefully worked out. You can even get
books with blueprints and floor plans. I like the idea of technology
having eradicated poverty (due to the ability to replicate anything,
like food, on demand) and that international borders have been
transcended so Earth is one "world" among many. Et cetera.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA