[Magdalen] Assembly Line Christmas.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 02:01:57 UTC 2015

I recall my grandmother's parish in Milwaukee in the mid-1960s (Our
Lady Queen of Peace) having Masses on the hour in the main church and
every hour on the half-hour in the lower church. But these were low
Masses in both churches with the exception of one high Mass in the
main church, and some of the main-church low Masses could have organ
or some hymns involved. My dad liked to check the number of lighted
candles (two for low, six for high) to make sure we were headed for a
low one so we could get it done quickly.

IIRC, it was quite a cattle call...massive numbers of people moving
into and out of the church all morning.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA