[Magdalen] Assembly Line Christmas.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 22 05:37:39 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/22/2015 12:21:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

Funny,  throughout all my denominational journey, all the way to indi Cath
priesthood  and back again to TEC, I never once, in all those year, tasted
of  Lutheranism.  Presbyterian (which I became for three years), Methodist,
Congregational (UCC, I suppose), and yes, TEC, ... not once did I even feel
the need to taste of Luther's world.  I wonder, in my post-churchianity
mindset, if I missed out on something,  somehow.>>>>>>

There's a lot there.  Trouble is that Luther's outlook on a wide  variety of
subjects changes as he gets older.  You can thus have people  quote
what sounds like very odd views for a Lutheran.  His high church  views
on the Virgin Mary early on come to mind.

He was no dumbell, and well trained by the Augustinians.

David Strang.