[Magdalen] Assembly Line Christmas.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 22 07:28:24 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/22/2015 1:08:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

He was  no dumbell, and well trained by the Augustinians.<<<

I guess  you could say he was the first Protestant Catholic.  (Doy, says
the  Peanut Gallery.)>>>>>>

I've mentioned on this list, I think, my trip into what was East  Germany
to follow, among other things, the life of JS Bach.  I discovered  that
this crisscrossed with he life of Martin Luther.  I ended up  touring
the Wartburg Castle, where Luther translated the Bible into German,
and the monastic cell and the site of his ordination to the RC  priesthood,
the latter at Erfurt Cathedral.  There were lots of smaller churches  where
Luther had preached in places like Muhlhausen, Naumburg, Quedlinberg,
etc., and most of them had guides that were actively proselytizing  about
the Lutheran point of view throughout the tours.  I was surprised  about
this.  I didn't think the former East Germans had it in them.

And, of course you've got to love a man who made it quite clear that  he
had come up with his Solo Fide theology out of the Epistle of Romans
while meditating "on the throne."

David Strang.