[Magdalen] Jury duty HOT DAMN!

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 23 15:06:39 UTC 2015

>>>It’s also much more likely to succeed when one says the timing isn’t right.  Trying to get out of jury duty altogether is frowned upon unless there is a really good reason.  Much easier to have jury duty deferred.<<<

Absolutely.  Around here it's called being "excused", and one is excused for two years.  A "postponement" is for 90 days.

Though the selfish part of me would love never to serve, I really do want to, someday.  Preferably after May when Everett graduates, so I no longer need to be concerned about his school transportation.  (Said issue was what got me "postponed" to December 28 back in October when I requested and was denied an "excuse".)  But it's odd to me how seldom my name gets pulled out of the hat.  I can only think of two times:  once around 2000 and I requested and was granted an excuse for two years, only never to be called again till 2007, when I reported and was not called to judge-interview.  And from then till now.