[Magdalen] Saline.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Dec 24 08:08:43 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/24/2015 1:36:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

Attn  Medical Sorts:  One of the things I'm supposed to do is, after I
apply  the special ointment, is to place on top of that a bit of gauze lightly
moistened with saline solution.  On top of that I'm putting a sterile
non-stick pad as it is.  What is the bit of saline gauze all about?   All I can
guess is that it's an extra layer of anti-bacterial  protection.  I ask,
because it's the first time I've encountered such a  thing.>>>>

It's a little unusual to be combining the saline and gauze as you appear  to
be, but I will say that saline application can be very helpful in the
healing
process.  I attribute at least a good portion of my healing and saving  both
my legs to twice daily saline irrigation and dressing changes.  Saline  is
an "oldie but goodie" for healing the skin.  It was a heck of a lot  more
helpful than having both lower legs amputated!  It is labor intensive,  but
in
this case worth the effort.  Thank God for my wonderful nurses.

David Strang.