[Magdalen] Church Crawl

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Dec 25 00:50:09 UTC 2015

Our first stop on our church crawl didn't pan out.

St Thomas Fifth Avenue was packed -- every seat taken -- by 3:20 PM for the 4 PM
Lessons and Carols.  That's close to 900 or more people -- in the balcony, the
chapel -- just chock full!

So we ended up walking down to St Mary the Virgin, where the concert began at
4:30 PM and Mass at 5 PM. It was interesting to note that only about half the
congregation received. Fr. Smith inquired after the state of my health --
thoughtful for someone who gets there twice a year at this point.

On to TWS tonight and ST Bart's tomorrow then back  to Scranton.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Cheers,
Jim