[Magdalen] Feast.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 15:36:16 UTC 2015

We're to go to my dear partner's sister's in-laws' home in Elgin,
Illinois. They generously host a big spread every Christmas, Easter,
and Thanksgiving. We decided one year as we sat on the Kennedy
Expressway for hours on Easter Day that we'd attend the Christmas one
exclusively from then on. No guarantee of good traffic for that,
either, but it's usually not too bad...worst is going home into the
city, for some reason.

Midnight Mass was glorious; our temporary priest-in-charge (a retired
longtime rector in the diocese) obtained the services of a guest
celebrant, a young priest who was at St Clement's, Philadelphia, for
some time. He did wonderfully and I was glad to serve as subdeacon
with him. We're winging it a bit with our longtime head MC having left
the parish (Dear Lord, please soften his heart and bring him
back...and tell him he needn't serve on the Vestry any longer!). The
whole atmosphere was one of joy, flexibility, and good humor. The MC
of the Mass was particularly wonderful, and she's been doing this for
decades. Firm, clear instructions but never tyrannical.

I'm sleep-deprived and craving solitude, but I'll do my best today.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA