[Magdalen] Feast.

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 16:29:44 UTC 2015

Last night we had bacon and eggs after our 7 PM worship.  Robert, Christina
and Rory will arrive mid-afternoon; Ginny and Barbie are on the road from
Wilmington, DE.  They crossed into VA about an hour ago.  They should
arrive late afternoon.  (We drove to Charlotte on 23rd to have Christmas
with our son Jay and his family.  They leave for a cruise tomorrow.)  Pop's
hamburgers for supper.  Roast beef tomorrow with a variety of veggies...two
different brands of eaters will be around our table.

We think we are getting a surprise announcement for our Robert and
Christina...but I've probably jinxed that now.

Our Festival Eucharist last night was awe inspiring.  For a small church,
we have an 18-member choir with exceptional talent.  Eighty-two people
worshipped with us.  Our priest preached a fine sermon, even though he left
page 3 at home.  (I told him that was the best part of the sermon!)  Joy
abounded.

Ginny will serve Good Shepherd as priest on Sunday.  Barbie, who has a
masters degree in voice performance and has an amazing voice, will sing two
solos at the service.  Ginny will also renew the wedding vows of long time
friends upon their 50th anniversary.  They are integral members of Good
Shepherd - John's mom introduced them to each other.  Our children were
good friends with their children in their growing up years.  So, much more
to look forward to.  I love having lived in a small close knit communtiy
all of my life, being an Episcopalian, especially in SC, and I love
worshipping as an Episcopalian.  Joy abounds.

Alleluia!
Ginga