[Magdalen] Feast.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 17:08:00 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/25/2015 11:29:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gingawilder at gmail.com writes:

Our  priest preached a fine sermon, even though he left
page 3 at home.  (I  told him that was the best part of the  sermon!).>>>>>

Preachers hate it when that happens!

Years ago, a new assistant at the Cathedral in Eau Claire mounted the
high pulpit for his sermon to find nothing on the lecturn.  On a  hunch, he
 asked those sitting in the nave if they saw any loose pages blown  about.
They
did, and all six pages of his sermon were eventually pieced  together.
It was all very amusing to the congregation, but not for the new  assistant!

I still recall one of the best sermons ever on Easter Sunday morning.
At sermon time, the priest looked out on the congregation and said,  "You
people should have been here at the Vigil last night."  End of  "sermon."

David Strang.