[Magdalen] Christmas Day

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 17:16:16 UTC 2015

Quiet day here for us too. We just finished a brunch of coconut blueberry
pancakes with bacon (Christmas being a "free day" for us) after opening
presents. I received lovely presents from my sweet S/O, including some
genealogy-oriented books *and* a DNA test kit from Family Tree, which is
supposed to be the best one out there, plus Yotam Ottolenghi's "Jerusalem
Cookbook" which I have been coveting for some time.

Also opened my listgiv, which is a wonderful book of recipes called "Olives
& Oranges", a compendium from the Mediterranean area including Cyprus.
Thank you, Kate Conant! I will be reading recipes this afternoon and trying
hard not to drool on the books.

My listgiv will be on its way Monday as the P.O. is apparently closed
tomorrow. :-(  It goes to the northeast but not *too* far.

Jay, full of pancakes and Christmas spirit