[Magdalen] Church Crawl

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 26 15:42:23 UTC 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed the Late Mass at Trinity. I looked at the program, but I missed the source of the Gloria which like everything else was wonderful. I thought the celebrant, at first, was a throwback to the typical Anglican sound of the 60's and then realized he was Oriental (He looked and sounded like the Dalai Lama) He simply has one of those vaguely British accents. Is he from Hong Kong? To hear the Vittoria and Poulenc Christmas Responsories in the same liturgical program is a rare occurrence.  Both sermons (I watched the Christmas Day Mass as well) were quite good.  I also have my browser prepared for the Twelfth Night Streams. I still have the Capella Romana's program from last year. The only one I will have to miss live is Monday, but I can get it later. It looks like we can get the Messiah for free because it says the next stream is in a few house. I am more interested in streaming the Play of Daniel.

They are very media conscious, and they have a right to be. The rector looked made up for his sermon, unless he goes to a tanning parlor between Midday Prayer and Evensong (g)

Joe