[Magdalen] Chicken pox

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 28 15:55:17 UTC 2015

On 28/12/2015 04:54, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> I know there are exemptions now, but at least schools require either proof of vaccination or some kind of record of exemptions in case there is an outbreak. There is no way of requiring anything similar for homeschoolers.
>
> And of course, Virginia has no requirement for any accountability at all for homeschooled students. If parents say they're doing it for religious reasons, the state has no further requirements or input. Children don't have to be taught anything, parents don't have to have a particular educational level themselves, there is absolutely no accountability. I believe there is only one other state where this is true, and I think it's wrong.

I totally agree.  Home-schooling is rare this side of the pond.  If a
parent wishes to home-school then they have to satisfy the local
authority that they can provide their child with education suited to
their age, aptitude and ability. Generally apart from exceptional
circumstances I think parents who make this choice do their children a
disservice in the long run.

Roger