[Magdalen] Feast.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Dec 28 17:38:41 UTC 2015

I think you should do whatever you wish to do (well, within reason --
disrobing and scaring the horses would not be ok) during the liturgy -- not
to show others what they should be doing, but because it helps you feel
closer to God.  That's eventually why I had to stop worshiping at Christ
Church Broadway in New Haven -- because every time I attended I grew angry
at the fussiness of the liturgical style -- and that certainly didn't help
me feel closer to God.  When I look out at the congregation wherever I'm
serving, I love the liturgical diversity I see -- some kneeling, some
standing, some genuflecting or crossing themselves or bowing, some lifting
their hands, some not.  It reflects for me who we are as Anglicans; I much
prefer it to lock-step conformity.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY