[Magdalen] Feast.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Dec 28 20:10:48 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/28/2015 2:53:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

I've  actually been to St. Gregory Nyssa. God help me, I thought it was
rather  dull. And contrived to boot. What a disappointment.

But maybe I hit it  on a bad  day.
-M>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I no longer belong to the Associated Parishes group for reasons not
clear to me, though I suspect membership expired without my realizing
it.  AP is a rather clique-ish group, however, and sometimes  seem
a little smug, at least IMHO, and I definitely wasn't part of the  clique.

But I digress.

In any case, before my membership in AP disappeared, I recall that
the founding two priests of Saint Gregory of Nyssa who were very
active in the AP, retired.

I've therefore wondered if new clergy could keep control and  direct
this place which is, again IMHO, a loose liturgical canon.  Maybe  it's
all finally broken away from its moorings and sailing away,  rudderless.

And how can you call a church that uses neither TEC '79 Prayer Book
or TEC '82 (or the 1928 BCP and the 1940 Hymnal) USA Anglican?

David Strang.