[Magdalen] Xmas prezzie for myself.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Tue Dec 29 03:39:03 UTC 2015

I always like Dean Koontz, though not fanatic about him, and he does
keep getting better.  I do have to carefully steel myself against the
"horror" elements of his more recent work (I absolutely refuse to read
Stephen King!).  I'm on his fan mailing list, and pre-ordered the new
one, "Ashley Bell" for my Kindle.  I figure that books on the Kindle are
basic living expenses, though I do try to get mostly the cheapest and
free ones when they're available, and his are not that.  It was released
and arrived on Dec 8.  I didn't start reading it for a few days after
that, and it truly blew me away!  So my Xmas Prezzie for myself, as such
an unwarranted luxury that I really shouldn't get and pay for, was a
signed hardcover (1st edition) of the same.  Sort of like Mike, I
really, really wanted this one for my permanent library -- while I enjoy
reading on Kindle, I'm so aware that they could disappear or be edited,
or just have the machine or my computer break down, or Amazon.com go out
of business and its cloud disappear, etc, that the books I have on it
just don't feel like "mine", or "permanent".  It hasn't arrived yet, but
I did order it just before Christmas, with just that "excuse".

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net