[Magdalen] Confession of Sin.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Dec 30 16:17:01 UTC 2015

This is a confession of sin from the Jewish Yom Kippur Liturgy
by Rabbi Abram in 860AD.

It was printed in English translation in the bimonthly "Worship"
publication of the Benedictines of Saint John's Abbey, Collegeville,  MN.

It covers the subject eloquently and succinctly, and could serve  well
as a Lenten litany:

We abuse, we betray, we are cruel.  We destroy, we embitter, we  falsify.
We gossip, we hate, we insult.  We jeer, we kill, we lie.
We mock, we neglect, we oppress.  We pervert, we quarrel, we  rebel.
We steal, we transgress, we are unkind.  We are violent, we are  wicked,
        we are xenophobic.
We yield to evil, we are zealots for bad causes.

David Strang.