[Magdalen] Happy New Year

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 23:20:32 UTC 2015

A happy and blessed 2016 to all Maddies friends, just past 1am here in
uncomfortably warm Port Elizabeth. Summer arrived late but it's come in
style!! The tourists are loving it, those still at work like me, not so
much.

We're currently watching the round up of fireworks including Sydney
Harbour, always the best; and - unbelievably - Dubai.

Though we missed the local fiery effort because instead, we went along to
our friend's Pentecostal church for a rowdy but mostly enjoyable service
with the focus on God's faithfulness in good times and bad.

And we sang this, from Hillsong's Darlene Zschech:

I gave my heart and all I am
To the One who loves me most
We've got love, grace, peace and power
And joy in the Holy Ghost.

Amen to that!

May 2016 bring new ways to show love, new experiences of God's grace in
time of need, new depths of peace no matter what happens, and most of all
amazement and delight when the "springs of living water" really do well up
in our hearts, no matter how dry we might personally feel at the time.

Sally D