[Magdalen] This saying No is tough

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 17:30:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Marion Thompson
<marionwhitevale at gmail.com> wrote:
> When one gets older and, perforce, lives alone, loneliness and the need for
> human contact often kick in.  Maybe not for all, but I have two elderly
> friends who call and I recognize their need and do my best to accommodate
> them, perhaps doing penance for not having had the same forbearance when it
> was my own mother.

Oh, clearly this is an example of when doing the phone call is a must, I agree.

My mom and I talk by phone every Sunday evening. I was glad she was
honest with me this past Sunday when I was about to call her: she sent
me a text saying "Watching Downton Abbey...Will call you after." :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA