[Magdalen] Bishop Cook: Another unfortunate piece of the story

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:59:04 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM, John Robison <friarjohn00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bullying, often couched in the form of "truth telling" is fairly common.
> There is a strongly entrenched group of people (clergy and laity) who have
> helped develope the processes of the diocese, and want it keep it as it is.

Perhaps not directly related, but tangentially, is the manipulation of
parish search processes by a diocese. We experienced some of this, and
it was pathetic. The first attempt was a blatant lie to our search
committee, done badly and quickly seen through. But removing our
diocesan liaison and replacing her with her boss wasn't the end of it.

But of course even in a by-the-book search process, the "book" is from
the diocese anyway, and applications are routed to us through the
diocese, so there's built-in manipulation; perhaps some of that is as
it should be or at least to be expected in a hierarchical church.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA