[Magdalen] Bishop Cook: Another unfortunate piece of the story

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 22:00:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:42 PM, John Robison <friarjohn00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, there is that. A parish I belonged to in Dio MD was repeatedly
> misslead (one must NEVER say lied to), and the confusion ended up being the
> search committee's "fault."

The lie in our case was our being told there were no viable
applications so we may as well hire the interim. That was a first
attempt; later there was a phony retreat to provide a captive audience
for a pitch to the vestry (also present at the retreat) to discard the
recommendation of the search committee and hire the interim.

The thing is, had the interim been a regular candidate somehow, he
might have done well (although I think he wouldn't have been the
ultimate choice). He went on to be called as the interim at the
cathedral, but I understand he resigned that post early (with a few
months left on his contract), possibly in protest of a staff
restructuring but possibly for some other reason. Not sure who would
have done the staff restructuring, but one who left is the
organist/choirmaster. Also two priests, I think.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA