[Magdalen] Bishop Cook: Another unfortunate piece of the story

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Thu Feb 5 00:30:52 UTC 2015

Technically speaking, the vestry calls.  There must be a vestry vote, as
far as I know.  But the search committee usually presents ONE (possibly
more in some situations) candidate for the vestry to vote to approve, or
not.  And depending on how the parish chooses to proceed (usually the
vestry chooses), the Bishop may present one or more candidates for
interview/call.  But the vestry chooses to do it that way.  In the 2 places
I've been, at least.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY