[Magdalen] home made multi grain bread?

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:31:37 UTC 2015

Roger, salt rising bread is delicious.  It was a childhood treat since
we could only get it when we visited my granddad in West Virginia.  I
have made it a few times but am not an expert at getting the starter
to work.  It is a salt tolerant bacteria rather than a yeast and
requires a fairly narrow temperature range to set.  It has a rich
taste, reminiscent of parmesan cheese.

Susan

--
Before enlightenment pay bills, do laundry.  After enlightenment pay
bills, do laundry.