[Magdalen] Is it spring yet?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:27:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> Allegri  Miserere at St. Philip's on Dies
> Cinerum >>>>
>
> I miss singing this with the Latin Choir on Good Friday.

I was in charge of the small schola that sang the chanted bits from a
balcony in the RC cathedral in Lansing, Michigan, for a concert one
year. At rehearsal I did my best to make sure there was a quite
distinct pause at the half-verse, just like the Tallis Scholars. The
director asked for a "less anal-retentive" approach to the chant. I
felt foolish and resigned to the mediocrity of the small town. Or
something.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA