[Magdalen] Quick return.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 13 18:58:20 UTC 2015

From: Jay Weigel

I haven't filed yet because the last 3 years, despite my measly income, I
have had to PAY federal taxes and haven't gotten anything back from VA
either. Last year I even had them professionally done and it didn't make a
bit of difference, plus I was out an additional $250 for the accountant.
Back to TaxSlayer. This is bogus. My income is less than $30K and I"m
paying???????

Refunds are always a bad idea. How many exemptions on your W2?

If you’d rather give the gummint an interest-free loan that they "pay back" at
tax time, cut your exemptions to Zero.

Except for certain extraordinary circumstance, no one who handles their taxes
with any sense ever gets anything back at tax time.

Cheer,
Jim