[Magdalen] Quick return.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 14 21:45:44 UTC 2015

From: Raewynne Whiteley

>To be fair, part of the problem is the way the Diocese of Long Island deals
>with clergy compensation.  It is not at all helpful or transparent,
>especially in the area of housing and tax.

We always used the Diocesan Payroll System, which we found both simple and
transparent. But before they implemented it, things were difficult to say the
least, and doing the quarterly returns and all was my job as Treasurer. The
Diocesan plan was a true Godsend, and a model for other services the diocese
should provide -- group rates on utilities, office machines, stationary and the
like.

Jim