[Magdalen] Saint Thomas Fifth Avenue NYC.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 14 21:51:54 UTC 2015

>From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>Where else but Saint Thomas would they decide to go ahead with this  organ
>rebuild project, and have the money for the project in a flash?

Trinity Wall Street?

>Also, note the number of 32' pedal stops (even a 32' in the great manual)
>in the rebuilt organ.  It's enough to shake them up in the Museum of  Modern
>Art just next door!

The 32' stops sound REALLY spectacular when they're backed up by an F or M train
rumbling by downstairs <g>..

Cheers,
Jim

It's amazing we still have artisans/carvers who can do justice to the
intricacies
of creating a new pipe organ case for the gospel side of the choir of Saint
Thomas
Church Fifth Avenue, NYC.  And they are right here in Pennsylvania,  and
I've
met some of them.

D. Strang.

http://www.dobsonorgan.com/html/instruments/op93_newyork/carving/op93_carvin