[Magdalen] Brrrrr...

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Feb 16 15:50:13 UTC 2015

Our temperature in Buffalo at 10:45 am is -3.1 F (but who's counting the
.1?), with a wind chill of -17 F (yep, that's MINUS 17).  I was out
shoveling earlier in my many layers and down coat, and was fine, but my
face got a little cold (had a scarf pulled up high, but not over my nose
and mouth, as that fogs up my glasses).  My fingers, even in ski gloves,
got painfully cold, so I came in to warm up.  I shoveled out a good bit of
the lower driveway (this is not a long driveway, mind you), and scattered
ice-melter stuff on it.  It was previously shoveled, but not down to the
pavement, and so narrow that I can barely get in and out of my car when
it's in the drive.  The snow is piled up as high as my head (I'm 5'1") on
either side, so it's a feat to lift it up high enough to throw it on top.
It's too cold for the melter-stuff to work (or so says the radio), but the
sun is shining, so I'm hoping that will help melt about 2 inches of
remaining "stuff" (snow and ice), so I can then clear that away, back up my
car, and get to work on the upper driveway.  The other night my 2 neighbors
pushed my car in as far as it would go, and Cheryl still had to park her
little Fiat partway across the sidewalk.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu