[Magdalen] Christ the King Anglican

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 17:16:52 UTC 2015

When I've been in Portland, Maine (a very nice spot, incidentally), I've
attended Mass in Saint Paul's Anglican Church, a cathedral for one of  the
separatist groups.  Of course, I disagree with all their conservative  takes
on the social issues of the day, but I go there because it is a living
museum
(no surprise) of worship in the old "Biretta Belt" of the Midwest  USA.
Depending
on the season, there's Missa Marialis, Missa Penitentialis, Missa
Paschalis, etc.,
and the Anglican Missal on the altar.  Of course they use the 1940
Episcopal
Hymnal.

It's a nostalgia trip, and one meets all sorts and conditions at the
following
coffee hour.

David Strang - Who survived 20 years singing for the Latin  Tridentines
with whom I have nothing in common except the love of the old Latin
Liturgy and music.