[Magdalen] Westminster.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:45:42 UTC 2015

I'm just not a fan of beagles, or of hounds generally. I did once own a
Norwegian Elkhound (a rescue job) and I loved her, but although they are in
the hound group, I don't consider them actual "hounds" as they behave a
good deal differently and are traditionally more of a general purpose dog
than strictly a hunting dog. With one other exception, all the dogs I've
had since I've been an adult have been collie mixes, and I prefer the
working and herding breeds generally. It's just that I have gotten to the
age where they are generally too big and too energetic for me. One must
downsize as one gets older.

On another note, I have read that Queen Elizabeth is not going to introduce
any more corgis into the royal household. Some have interpreted this as a
slap at the breed, but I suspect the queen is considering her age, the
energy of the breed, and what measures would be needed to care for them in
the event of her death. All of which, IMO, are good things to think about
at 86!