[Magdalen] Rant

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 13:08:02 UTC 2015

We certainly tried to fight the good fight at MGH. Over the years the
rules got tougher&tougher re: accepting gifts, especially from drug
company reps and device company reps. It got to the point of our
not being able to carry or use tote bags or pens with company
logos.

As the time for the Medicare switcheroo approaches, when (presumably)
we're considering changing supplemental policies for the new year,
we are both inundated with ads and offers to sign up with a different
carrier. Endless commercials on daytime television, when seniors are
likely to be watching. So I infer ... somebody's making money or they'd
just ignore us.

We had a gubernatorial candidate in Massachusetts (Don Berwick) who
ran on a platform that included single-payer health insurance. I
supported him in the primary. And he did very well in the primary.
So don't give up hope.

Medicare for everybody!
-M