[Magdalen] Kaddish [was Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 15:50:23 UTC 2015

Indeed. And the right-wing evangelicals, who claim to be such strong
supporters of Israel, are the most ignorant of all. But don't get me
started on them.....

The priest of my parish in my late teen years felt we should understand
Judaism and Jewish practice better, and this resulted in a series of
exchanges with the youth of the local reform temple (I would have preferred
the conservative synagogue, but their rabbi demurred) in which we attended
each other's services, youth group meetings, etc.

A couple of my closest friends in high school were Jewish, one
Conservative, the other a cultural secular Jew from Israel, so I got a
pretty good perspective. The high school I went to was probably 10% Jewish
(it was also damn near lily white, but that's another story) but strongly
influenced. I was a fervent Zionist in my youth, but in more recent times
most definitely am not, thanks to Likud, Netanyahu, and the other right
wing types.