[Magdalen] Church layouts, was Re: Religion Without God

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 21:06:48 UTC 2015

In a message dated 1/2/2015 2:44:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  sally.davie
s at gmail.com writes:

It  is interesting, though, that the Cross (however represented)  so
comprehensively became a Christian symbol, the sign of forgiveness  and
freedom, instead of a universal sign of Roman  terror.>>>>

Don't you think, though, that since each Eucharist makes present
the one and only Sacrifice at Calvary, and this is our worship focus,
that a crucifix is overwhelmingly the ideal symbol for what's  happening?

"Were you there when they crucified my Lord?"

Yes, we ARE there at the crucifixion every time we break the bread
and share the wine.

David Strang.