[Magdalen] Sauerkraut.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 14:56:05 UTC 2015

Well, I like it well enough, but S/O doesn't, so we don't have it. End of
story.

There was a drugstore chain in my hometown (Rennebohm's, which was the
Rexall chain, and whose owner was once governor of the state) which served
a marvelous sauerkraut salad. And ribs and kraut was a thing back in the
day; you could get it at any respectable diner-type restaurant as a special
on certain days of the week. I learned to make a pretty respectable version
of it myself which was a favorite of my first love's father and also of my
late ex. Alas, no more.