[Magdalen] Kaeton's commentary

H Angus hangus at ctcn.net
Sat Jan 3 20:48:55 UTC 2015

I'm sure it depends almost entirely on which person you either know personally or identify with strongly.

My neighbor has been in a wheelchair for 40 years because a drunk ran a red light, so pity for drunk drivers is not at the top of my list. But relatives and friends of drunk drivers of course make every excuse in the world for them, as do relatives and friends of others whose actions result in someone else's death or injury.

All this is plain human nature, and not really something to be blamed, I think. A person whose judgment is able to rise to heights of total objectivity is probably not a very comfy person to be around.