[Magdalen] Kaeton's commentary

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 01:30:01 UTC 2015

Civil law and ecclesiastical law will direct consequences on Heather Cook.
We do not have the whole story, and we do know that she left the scene of
an accident in which someone was killed.  This is what she did.  No one can
say that what she did is okay or doesn't matter. What she did is definitely
not okay and it matters in zillions of ways.  What she did is utterly
wrong.   I don't think she did what she did on purpose.  I do not believe
she had evil intent.  For me, that is all for the law to discover and judge.

I do believe, as Elizabeth Kaeton wrote in so many words, that we have
taken vows to respond to her as a human being and to give compassion and I
would say love as we are able.  This is what we have promised in our
baptismal vows.  To love one another, not because of our actions, but
unconditionally because we are all sinful children of God.  For me, it
requires that I separate the person (being) from the action (doing).  When
I have done terrible actions, I have been thankful that other human beings
were there to love me (who I am), in spite of what I did.

Ginga