[Magdalen] Another bicycle question

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 02:22:50 UTC 2015

When I got the compression fracture in my back (undiagnosed osteoporosis) I
went through a recovery period where I was not to lift anything heavier
than twenty five pounds. It was altogether expected that I would never be
able to do any heavy lifting ever again.  I'm not an athlete, and heavy
lifting isn't much of a part of my identity as a musician. However, the
loss of that function tore me apart. Fortunately the limitations were
temporary, as it turns out, but we didn't know that then...  Oh yeah, any
loss of that type can be terribly devastating. It takes a period of time
for a person to deal with it, and then of course, it is what it is.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente