[Magdalen] coffee

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 05:47:16 UTC 2015

One other problem with Keurig in the office (doesn't apply to
home):
we had one but gave it up, first because of the landfill issues,
when the hospital told us the K-cups were not accepted in their
recycling stream,
but second because of the queue.

When we brewed a pot, we passed it around at meetings, or
else a staff member would play ganymede. The Keurig system
made us queue for a cup at a time, broke the stream of meetings,
became a major distraction and something of an issue.

Turned out that while people expressed preferences (Newman's
Own, French Roast, Kirkland decaf medium roast), and bitched
if somebody forgot "their" coffee (or bitched when somebody
too the last of their fave), meetings worked better without that
prelude to the first act.

I called it the K-cup Overture,

Went back to the old system.
-M