[Magdalen] Sauerkraut.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Jan 4 20:02:44 UTC 2015

From: Mahoney, W. Michael

>>> Of course, one can’t make a good Reuben without Sauerkraut, and some folk

>I had meant earlier to say that sauerkraut is about the only justification
>for cabbage that I know and, importantly, Reubens are about the only
>justification for sauerkraut.

Good Cole Slaw is another -- I never thought much of Corned Beef and Cabbage,
though My mother would fix it on St Pattack's Day every year.

>There are, however, New Yorkers that insist that a Nathans Hot Dog without
>sauerkraut is a sacrilege.  I prefer catsup.

Catsup?!?!???!!? On a Hot Dog?????!?!?!?!?  Heretic!

Nathans sells frankfurters -- hot dogs BTW <g>.

Cheers,
Jim

PS Albert prefers his Franks plain -- no mustard, no sauerkraut no nuthin'
Mike M