[Magdalen] coffee

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Sun Jan 4 20:11:51 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> This is, apparently, the best method.  At least that's what I've
> read repeatedly.

I have made coffee in just about every way there is: boiled in a kettle
over an open fire (yes, I threw in egg shells!); percolator; drip; that fun
bubble-up thing; chemex; french press; fancy and scary electric expresso
machine; and now, k-cup.  I have had good coffee and bad coffee from every
one of them.

K-cup is now my method.  It's not the best coffee I have ever had but it is
pretty good, quite reliable, and very easy.  I do not use it if I expect
ten or twelve coffee demanding guests to descend on me at one time.  But I
do use it if I have guests who will want various types of coffee at various
time.  I set out different types of coffee and let them make their own.

Mike M