[Magdalen] coffee

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 23:02:14 UTC 2015

All in all, I would have to say that the Germans make the best  coffee.
They demand high quality coffee beans, and as a result coffee is very
expensive either in bean/ground form or in restaurants.  But the  coffee
is superb. I don't ever recall having a bad cup of coffee in  Deutschland.

The French coffee is good, too, but is laced with chicory.  This  seems
to go well with real, authentic croissants and brioches, but less  well
with other breads.

Who can forget coming into a German bakerei/konditerei, ordering
some pastry, and then being seated in the rear restaurant for the
pastry and the lovely coffee to be served?    Yum.

David Strang.